To be regarded as a global centre of excellence the new football training Academy at the Manchester City complex was a multi million pound build with exceptional community investment.
As a project to work on, this was inspirational in terms of the involvement of the local community, recruiting local residents into trade specific roles and funding the training of learners to further their vocations.
TMJ was presented with an innovation award for the concept and design of the de-mountable suspended timber ceiling installed in the Press Conference Room which is now used by the world media. Working closely with our joinery manufacturer we produced an exceptionally high quality product that not only exceeded the expectations of the client but provided them with a valued solution for their complex requirements.
- Architectural timber ceiling system to the Press Conference Room
- Feature timber ceiling to the Heart of the City foyer area
- Installation of bespoke performance doorsets and architectural ironmongery
- Washroom/Vanity fixtures and fittings
- Feature Oak skirtings
- MDF Profiles
Design of the de mountable timber ceiling, combining creativity with feasibility
Working with American specifications set by an American architect
Collaborating with BAM to achieve various KPIs in relation to sustainability and community investment
- Main ContractorBAM Construction
- ArchitectRafael Vinoly Architects
- Package Value£330k
- AwardsBITC North West Building Stronger Communities Award 2014; National CSR Awards 2015, Best Community Development Project